1. When I’m relaxed enough to enjoy the sometimes sheer hilarity of living in a house with four children.
2. Ridiculously large oak trees.
3. Driving by myself.
4. My ipod.
5. Colorfully-arranged Chrysanthemums in the fall.
6. Crisp morning air.
7. A clean house.
8. Helping complete strangers with things like directions or finding the size they are looking for on a children’s clothes rack.
9. Comfortable shoes.
10. The way Little B says “A-MAN!” after grace.
12. Singing (when no one is listening).
13. Great movies.
14. Trashy tv.
15. The quiet of early mornings.
16. My co-dependent, high maintenance dog.
17. The way Zohrhubby gets the bed ready, turns on my lamp, wakes me from the recliner, and walks my half-asleep body down the hallway when he gets home from work at night.
20. The internet.
21. Big E’s sense of humor.
22. My mother, who is more like me than any other person on the planet.
24. Good hair days.
25. Clothes that fit just right.
26. Going to church.
27. My dad, who puts so much effort into helping with any problem he finds out about.
28. When I overhear Little A singing when she thinks no one is listening.
29. My sister, who has the uncanny ability to sometimes make me laugh hysterically, and other times to realize the truths that I don’t necessarily want to face.
30. Spam filters.
31. The way Tween C reminds me of myself at her exact age.
32. Ya-Ya, who knows more about my life than probably anyone, and participates in the good, the bad and the ugly willingly.
33. Aimee, whom I share a history with, and am so happy that I can share a present with, after all these years.
34. School holidays.
35. My job.
36. Not getting a deficiency notice after filing a federal brief.
37. The way my past and my present come together on Facebook.
38. Memories of college.
39. Chocolate chip cookie dough blizzards.
40. Memories of my grandparents.
41. Family get-togethers.
42. Good behavior reports.
43. Old photographs.
44. A good night’s sleep.
46. The smell of freshly-cleaned laundry.
47. The way really old people just say whatever the hell they want to.
48. Great black and white photography.
49. How different all four of my children are from one another.
50. Comic relief.